As we close out our inaugural year of the Empowering Entrepreneurs podcast, it’s the perfect time to reflect on all that has happened in the past year. When we began this podcast, our goal was to bring actionable steps and shortcuts to entrepreneurs that would inspire them to grow their businesses.
Throughout 2022, we had the privilege of connecting with over 20 entrepreneurs on various episodes, hearing their stories, and watching them have their very own “aha moments”—moments of reflection and realization that they have accomplished so much in such a short span of time.
Let’s take a look back at the year 2022 and some of our ‘aha’ moments here on the podcast.
- Most entrepreneurs have a few key traits in common that help to propel them forward on their journey. They are driven, focused, and determined to achieve their goals. They possess an unwavering enthusiasm for the work they do and a willingness to take risks when necessary. Entrepreneurs also have an uncanny ability to identify opportunities in the market and capitalize on them quickly.
- While we always felt like ‘fail’ is a 4-letter word, almost all of the entrepreneurs we interviewed talked about mistakes made or situations that didn’t play out in their favor. The reason they talked about these things was because there was always growth associated with learning from where they experienced their version of a failure.
- Glenn is rarely allowed to drink coffee with caffeine in it.
- Mentors matter and have been influential in every single guest’s journey.
- Julie’s girls like that she cooks dinner for them. And breakfast and lunch. (Catch this episode for some working mom inspiration and supreme cuteness.)
As we move into Season 2 of our podcast, we’re excited to talk to more of those bold enough to embark on their own journeys in business! We know that our listeners will be inspired by their stories of hard work, grit, and determination that led them to build their businesses.